I’ve been teaching golfers from beginners to touring professionals, collegiate players to accomplished amateurs and our local junior to Hollywood celebrities.
I have taught thousands of lessons and helped all levels of golfers build, grow and improve their game of golf for over 25 years here at Torrey Pines including the full swing, shortgame, putting, course management and the mental side of the game.
Customized programs are offered to get you hitting the ball straighter and farther with fewer strokes, more understanding, less effort and added enjoyment.
Call me on my cell at 619-322-8333 or fill out my contact form for any of your golf service needs.
I make a promise to you to do my best to improve your overall game.
Click here to check out my Bio.
Lesson Services Offered:
- Private Lessons
- Playing Lessons
- Prepare & Play Package (Half-Day Golf School)
- Golf Schools (Full-Day & Multiple-Day Golf School)
- Group Lessons
- All inclusive customized packages including advanced reservations, green fees, instruction, cart, range balls & choice of Torrey Pines North or South Course with any Playing Lessons or Golf Schools
- Tee times with no advanced reservation fee on Playing Lessons, Prepare and Play Package or Golf Schools
- Unlimited range balls on Private Lessons and Golf Schools
- High tech computer video analysis with Private Lessons, P&P Packages and Golf Schools
- Unsurpassed PGA golf instruction with over 20 years experience at Torrey Pines
For all levels:
- Beginners: If you’re a beginner, whether your female, male, junior, senior, or have a physical handicap, my services will help you achieve a level of comfort with additional knowledge, awareness and understanding. When either playing on a course, practicing at a range or anywhere on the golf facility the intimidation factor will be put at ease.
- Intermediates: As an intermediate, you will enhance your knowledge and start understanding what your club does to the ball and what your swing does to the club. Transform aggravation and frustration into knowledge and understanding, so you enjoy your game.
- Accomplished Players: As for the accomplished player, fine-tune your skills and incorporate a physical and mental proficiency to elevate your game to the next level.
” I was fortunate enough to have my oldest daughter purchase a 6 lesson private instruction plan from Michael Major at Torrey Pines. As an almost 70 year old new to the game of golf (4-5 years hacking!) I wanted to try to improve my game. Michael devoted time to the swing fundamentals, pitching, putting, sand and basic improvement techniques. Well, I definitely improved in all areas and saw strokes fall from my scores! Not only did I notice and feel the difference but my golf buddies did also. I highly recommend Michael Major as an instructor and I am thankful for the instruction he provided to me.”
Dr. Bob Stein, San Diego